Follow @daneovermeyer

Monday 20 June 2011

Tight-Aggressive

I know that I just did my post for the day but this i have to share....

Decided to play a free ring game with FULL TILT POKER (www.fulltiltpoker.net)... Wanted to test out a theory, so I sat down at a table 300/600 with about 15K the smallest chip stack at the table by some distance.
-My goal, to only play premium hands. Show patience and discipline... The outcome was ridiculous, fold every time I had anything less than premium... in 25minutes of play i took the chip stack from 15K to 450K.
This just proved to me that PDF (patience, discipline and focus) one can dominate a table.

-One of the hands I thought i would share with you, i have [Ac. Qc] obviously i pre-flop raise about 4x BB, get one caller (I didnt stay long at the table but from what i saw this guy was an ACTION JUCKY - calling station)... the board comes [3d 5c 8d]...
*In my mind I know my AQ is in serious threat if he made a poor call with small cards (like suited connectors).
-Anyway, I decide to throw out a feeler bet! Just over half the pot. He makes the call as predicted! Turn comes [As]... I feel confident i have him beat now and bet large, again he just calls.
River [Ah].... don't want to scare him off so a bet that pays me off well....
After a call, He flips [Ad. 7c]...
>> Now even though the board came down tremendously in my favour, it was painful for him.
 Lesson: If your going to play anything less than premium, you have to be able to read your opponents well and know when to fold.
*now I know this was free roll, and no money involved but I honestly enjoyed the challenge of reading players as well as testing out a few theories.

My opponent made several mistakes: Before the flop - he shouldn't of even considered playing [A7 off] when there was such a significant raise. On the flop - when he missed and I bet he should of retreated or if he had a read on my weakness FIRE one back! So by the time the two Aces came he had dug his own grave...

In my next post I will touch on a few TELLS or READS one can look out for when playing online....

No comments:

Post a Comment