Follow @daneovermeyer

Thursday 23 June 2011

Poor run!

You know that feeling when every flush draw you chase doesn't come... I don't understand it.
[Jd.9d].... board [5d 8s Ad] >> this is the exact kinda flop I look for with this hand. I was in BB and just CALLED a raise 3x BB. So I mentally put the guy on a Ace, but it doesn't matter this is the 2nd hand of the tournament. I call his bets on turn and river hoping for 1 of my 9outs...
Obviously, it doesn't come so I'm left crippled with about 235chips (starting stack 1500). I have to fight my way up playing short stack styled: super-tight-aggressive. get KK and climb back to about 1200.
I get dealt [Ac.3c]... yip, you guessed it.... board [2c Qc 6d] i get pushed all in 3handed i have to make the call as i will triple up on a 9outer... reluctantly i make the call knowing my "luck". Surprise! the flush doesn't come [9s] and [Jd]. Busting me in 67/90....

Struggling to keep myself motivated at this stage. I'm playing some textbook poker - just looking for a helping hand from a leprechaun. Now my job here is to stay positive and keep busting on flush draws. Its not an option to remove suited cards from my inventory completely.
SIGNING OFF - HOPING TO WAKE UP ON THE BETTER SIDE OF THE FLOPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment